Does this listing belong to you or your company?
Create an account now and claim this listing.
Bangladesh Institute of Administration and Management (BIAM) was established in 1992 to provide continuous training to the public servants in various fields of Development, Administration and Management. The Government of Bangladesh by a Resolution in November 2002 formed the BIAM Foundation. As an associate institute of the Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) Administration Association, BIAM has the mission of facilitating human resource development in the Civil Service of Bangladesh. The core mission of BIAM is Human Resource Development. This mission is accomplished through organizing various training Programs, national and international seminars, workshops etc. for the personnel engaged in government and non-government organizations and other private bodies. The institute also conducts regular training courses in Computer, Management and Communicative English. BIAM has been running a Diploma Course in Computer since 1998, with the affiliation of City & Guilds, U.K.
As an associate institute of the Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) Administration Association, BIAM has the mission of facilitating human resource development in the Administration of Bangladesh.
BIAM has the vision to equip BCS Admin officers and other public servants working in various fields of Development, Administration and Management as well as personnel serving in non-government institutions and organizations so as to achieve the spirit of NASPR and MDGs in this new millennium. Unlike other institutions, BIAM is a self finance organization.
As a multi-faceted organization, BIAM has the following facilities:
- Hostel: It provides a hostel cum training center with a big seminar room, 5 training rooms, 7 conference rooms, 6 single bed A.C. deluxe rooms, 10 double bed VIP A.C. rooms, 39 non A.C. double bed rooms, 4 computer labs, one library, one modern language center and 4 modern cafés.
- Auditorium: BIAM complex also provides a 575 capacity auditorium and a 20 capacity multi-purpose hall. The auditorium, conference rooms, computer labs and classrooms including the multi-purpose hall are all air-conditioned. Please click here for hall and click here for hostel charges.
- Canteen: BIAM has 4 canteens providing meals from breakfast through dinner. Seasonal menu packages are available. Parties coming to organize their programs at BIAM may take the opportunity of availing supply of standard food from the canteens. Please click here to learn more about menus at dinner and menus at lunch.
The programs organized at BIAM are Training, Education, IT Training, Art development etc. BIAM offers training courses in the following areas:
- Manners and etiquette of public servants
- Ethics and morality in administration
- Art of conducting meeting/conferences
- Art of public speaking
- Organizational leadership
- Good governance
- Procurement of office equipment and tender formalities (purchase procedures).
- Conflict resolution
- Poverty alleviation
- Aid negotiations