Ranks Telecom Ltd, a member of Rangs Group, launched its wireless phone service under the brand name of RanksTel on 14 th April, 2005. Ranks Telecom Ltd. is registered with Registrar of Joint Stock Companies under Companies Act 1995 (Revised).
RanksTel holds PSTN and ISP licenses to operate nationwide. Recently, RanksTel has also been awarded with an International Gateway (IGW) license to originate and terminate international voice traffic.
RanksTel’s network is by far the largest among the private PSTN operators and it is spread over all the five telecom regions of Bangladesh covering all the major cities. It has switching facilities in Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet, Khulna and Bogra. The transmission network for backbone and BTS backhaul, built over own microwave and leased fibre, spans more than 2000 km. It has interconnection facilities with the PSTN and mobile operators via ICX for exchanging voice traffic.
RanksTel’s physical infrastructure currently includes about 10 major hubs (switching and transmission) and more than 200 BTS sites across the country. We believe in sharing our resources with others rather than mindless replication and have co-location agreement with many operators.RanksTel is fully owned by local Bangladeshi entrepreneurs and has so far invested more than $50 million in building its network.
RanksTel’s mission is to bring the marvel of telecommunications technology to the doorsteps of the people at a very competitive price and thus contribute to the overall national development of Bangladesh.
RanksTel’s vision is to ascertain excellence in service quality in connecting the individuals and businesses to enrich their lives.
RanksTel’s culture is an outstanding commitment to keep its employees productive and happy. RanksTel believes in team work at every level, accepting responsibilities and rewarding efficiency. RanksTel currently has a workforce of 150.
Why Choose RanksTel
• RanksTel has the largest network footprint among the private PSTN operators.
• RanksTel uses CDMA 20001X wireless local loop technology which ensures superior voice quality.
• RankTel’s main focus is home, business and corporate segments for “fixed” phone service where it ensures better quality of service than its competitors.
• RanksTel offers limited mobility and so the subscriber can migrate to a new location with maximum ease
• RanksTel ensures superior customer care for its subscribers and has deployed an state-of-the-art IP based call centre with CTI.
• RanksTel has a dedicated in-house IT team for providing superior billing and customer care solutions
• RanksTel offers its customers with scratch card and electronic loading facilities.
• RanksTel offers customers handsets and terminals after extensive testing.
• RanksTel offers unique and unrivalled tariff packages, which are among the lowest in the industry.
• RanksTel offers unique wireless Intercom services for the residential sector which can also be used as a regular home phone.
• RanksTel offers virtual PBX solutions for enterprises which require no on-site equipment set-up other than phone sets.
• RanksTel offers E1 connectivity to call centers and enterprise voice servers.
Ranks Telecom Ltd,