Does this listing belong to you or your company?
Create an account now and claim this listing.
The Daily Star is the largest circulating English daily newspaper in Bangladesh. Established by Syed Mohammed Ali on 14 January 1991, the newspaper is owned by Mediaworld, a subsidiary of Latifur Rahman’s Transcom Group. Transcom Group also owns Prothom Alo, the largest circulating Bengali daily newspaper in Bangladesh.
Mahfuz Anam, editor and publisher of The Daily Star, is also on its six-member board of directors, of which Rokia Afzal Rahman is chairman. The board deals with financial matters.
The general section of the newspaper is headed by Muhammad Abdul Azim, its deputy managing editor, while the news team is led by Syed Ashfaqul Haque, news editor, and Julfikar Ali Manik, chief reporter. A Jalil Bhuyan is in charge of the Metro and Chittagong pages. Other leaders are AFM Jamaluddin (establishment manager), Mizanur Rahman (accounts manager), Selim S.H. Chowdhury (production & events manager), and Sher Ali (advertising manager).
The Daily Star publishes a number of supplements along with its 24-page main publication.
- The Star, a magazine-size weekly, is published every Friday.
- Lifestyle, a weekly fashion and lifestyle tabloid, is published every Tuesday.
- RisingStars, a weekly tabloid-size supplement for teenagers, is published every Thursday.
- Law and Our Rights, a weekly supplement on legal issues, published every Saturday.
- Star Campus, a university-based supplement of the paper, is published every Sunday.
- Forum, a monthly magazine, edited by Shah Husain Imam, is published with the newspaper on the first Monday of the month.
- Star Insight, a supplement focusing on events beyond Dhaka, published every other Saturday.
The Daily Star,